Property News Roundup May 2nd, 2023
We’re delighted to share the weekly news highlights below.
- Tboung Khmum Builds Almost 3000km of Road and Completes NR 71C Over 70%
In the last five years, Tboung Khmum provincial administration has made significant strides in enhancing infrastructure development with the construction of over 2,698km of roads across the province.
April 20, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/43XMcLE
- Phnom Penh-Bavet Expressway Breaks Ground in June 2023, Boosting Cambodia’s Connectivity
The long-awaited Phnom Penh-Bavet Expressway is set to break ground on June 07, 2023 as announced by HE Sun Chantol. The 135-kilometer expressway, which is the second to connect KH’s capital to Bavet City, Svay Rieng provinces, is expected to boost the country’s connectivity and promote economic growth.
April 21, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/41Tb7OH
- Cambodia’s First Sports Village Completed for the 2023 SEA Games
The 2023 Southeast Asia (SEA) Games, scheduled to be held in Cambodia, are set to be a grand celebration of sports and cultures. To host this very splendid event, the Sports Village for the 2023 SEA Games was officially inaugurated on the evening of 20 April 2023.
April 21, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3Lpn898
- Dara Sakor International Airport Nears Completion, Scheduled to Open Mid-2023
The highly anticipated Dara Sakor International Airport, invested by China’s Union Development Group, has reached over 90% completion as of 31 March 2023, with over US$180 million spent on the project.
April 21, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/43X9cKF
- Siem Reap Angkor International Airport trial flights by mid-May
The steering committee for the Construction of Siem Reap Angkor International Airport and Yunnan Air Investment Cambodia Airport management held a meeting yesterday, confirming the flight trials at the Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport in May.
April 21, 2023 | Khmer Times | Link: https://bit.ly/3Lry5H4
- The first phase of deep-sea port construction will start on May 01
The first phase of a 14.5-meter deep-water container port in Sihanoukville will begin construction on May 01 under the presidency of Prime Minister Hun Sen. This was confirmed by HE Sun Chanthol, Minister of Public Works and Transport.
April 24, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3H75XGT
- Battambang Independence Monument 85% Complete
The construction of the Independence Monument in Battambang has been 85% complete and is scheduled to be completed by the end of April or early May 2023 to facilitate the construction of roads around the Independence Monument, according to the Battambang Provincial Administration.
April 24, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/40vydty
- Sihanoukville has 1006 High-rise Buildings while 614 Frozen Buildings Await for Solution
As of today in Sihanoukville, there are total of 1,006 high-rise buildings while among that 614 frozen buildings have been waiting for the proper solution.
April 25, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3AxtUn7
- CBRE Cambodia Real Estate Market Insight Q1 2023
CBRE Cambodia is pleased to announce the launch of Q1 2023 Market Insights that providing key updates on Phnom Penh’s Commercial (Office, Retail & Industrial) and Residential sector in real estate industry.
April 21, 2023 | Retalk Asia | Link: https://bit.ly/4205Ep6
- Stueng Treang Province Boosts Local Infrastructure with Over 400km of New Roads
Stueng Treang province has achieved significant infrastructure development over the last five years, with over 200 kilometres of provincial roads and more than 200 kilometres belt rods built. The construction of these roads has led to improve living standards and greater access to service for local communities.
April 26, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3Vig7dt
- Progress Update: $38 Million Koh Norea Bridge Construction Reaches 70% Completion
The $38-million bridge project connecting Koh Pich to Koh Norea has reached 70% completion and is set to be operational as planned.
April 26, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3AC1wjK
- Cambodia’s Construction and Real Estate Sector to Benefit from Stronger Partnership between CCA and CVEA
The Cambodia Construction Association (CCA) and the Cambodia Association of Appraisers and Realtors (CVEA) have pledged to work together to enhance Cambodia’s construction and real estate sector.
April 26, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/44nPzfh
- Artificial river in Tbong Khmum will become a new tourist destination as authorities develop smart areas
Tbong Khmum Provincial Administration is transforming an artificial river near the provincial administrative Borey into a SMART AREA for tourism, creating a new tourist destination.
April 27, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3VghvNZ
- FACT helps develop the 3 areas around Tonle Sap Lake as a community tourism destination
Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) will help build floating market and floating bungalow in the provinces bordering the Tonle Sap Lake, including Kampong Thom, Kampong Chhnang and Pursat provinces.
April 27, 2023 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/4486SRg